Friday, May 26, 2017

welcome to miami where they hustle hey

Nothing interesting to report today - I slept until eleven because I was up until three, and then I laid in bed and read twitter because I apparently hate myself. Then I showered, ate some yogurt and granola and had an iced coffee for 'lunch' (it was two p.m.), and talked to a couple of people I met in the kitchen while they used the sous vide machine to cook some catfish (yeah, I don't know either).

Then, eventually, at like four p.m., I settled down to work...but since this was one p.m. in California, it's almost like I was on schedule. I wrote until six (actual writing! it was good!), then took a break to eat the salad I had the foresight to buy at Whole Foods yesterday while talking to more people in the kitchen. And then I did two loads of laundry and worked in the coworking space from seven until almost eleven, where I finally answered a bunch of emails and tried to get my life a little bit in order.

And then I came upstairs and read in bed for three hours - tonight's endeavor was 'Something Borrowed' by Emily Giffin, who is v. popular with women for some reason. This book really isn't my jam - the heroine is a maid of honor having an affair with the groom in the summer before the wedding. And I guess I don't have an issue with that (friends: don't ask me to be your maid of honor!). j/k. I have moral issues, but it's more that I have a problem with the tone, and also the banality of the main character. Apparently I'd be more okay with them cheating if either of them were particularly compelling creatures.

But now I shall go to bed, and hope that the book ends better than I think it's going to when I finish it, and perhaps dream about why so many people lie to so many people whom they love (yes, we all do, but if it's human nature, why is there also a moral judgment about it?). Clearly SPINSTER HONEYMOON is taking a dark turn - get excited. Goodnight!

No comments: