Wednesday, May 24, 2017

we'll bleed and fight for you, we'll make it right for you

I've said my farewells to San Francisco and have reached the opposite coast. I woke up this morning, showered, packed, and was almost done packing when the hotel fire alarm went off - so I vacated and went to Another Cafe to get one last coffee and do a bit of journaling before leaving SF. The downside of this was that I totally forgot about the delicious half of a quesadilla that was in my hotel fridge from last night, but I suppose I'll survive despite the sadness of leaving such an important piece of my life behind (friends: I'll miss you too, but you're no chicharrones).

Eventually, I took a lyft to the airport, where I checked in without much incident and had time to grab a salad and an iced coffee before boarding my flight. I've been feeling like I've overindulged the last six weeks or so (basically since I went to York and had to fuel the massive amount of brain work/trauma necessary to finish my book, which I fueled with equally massive amounts of steak, fries, wine, and coffee)...and you know I'm feeling like I need to eat something cleaner when I willingly choose a salad with kale and chickpeas, and then eat the whole thing with some semblance of enjoyment. Weird.

My flight from SFO to Atlanta was uneventful, and I did a bit of work and also watched 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' (also work - it's research for my next book, although I'd seen it before years ago). I had over two hours in Atlanta, so I ate a cheeseburger and garlic fries and had two glasses of wine at Gordon Biersch (the kale salad apparently made me feel like I deserved a 'treat yoself' moment, lol) and did a bit more journaling. Then I took a v. empty flight from Atlanta to Miami and had a whole row to myself, which was delightful and also weirdly annoying since it allowed me to see more of the weirdos spread out in the other rows. People are strange.

When I got to Miami, I collected my bags and took a lyft to Roam. I've seen no one and did not attempt to tour the property, but my room is gorgeous - the bed is comfy, there's a real closet and a chest of drawers (unlike Bali and London), and I have a cute little enclosed patio with a rocking chair, so that's all winning. And now I want to sleep and try to get on this timezone so I can get some work done - goodnight!

No comments: