Friday, July 21, 2017

she's never satisfied

I'm truly too tired to blog - I spent the morning writing (yessss), then grabbed lunch with Katie, then picked up my car from the dealer (and put new registration tags on it! which California mailed to Katie, thus ending one piece of my ongoing nomadic saga), then got my brows waxed and tinted for the first time in eleven months. My bangs cover a myriad of faults, but I like going into RWA feeling well-groomed.

Katie got her brows waxed after me, so I hung out until she was done, and then we ran an errand that involved driving an hour (yes, I'm a good friend). Then we went over to Tennyson Street, which is v. near my airbnb, and shopped in an adorable children's bookstore that is right across the street from another bookstore that doubles as a bar/event space. Any block that can sustain two independent bookstores is a good block, even if they're probably super judgey about romance.

Then, Katie went home to start her evening, and I picked up some takeout pizza and some margarita mix and took it over with me. This was the last time I'll see her before I leave, so we made the most of it - and by that I mean that we played with her children.

Then we said our (temporary) farewells, and I came back to my airbnb, where I talked to Sarah and also relaxed and also procrastinated for a couple of hours. And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: