Sunday, August 27, 2017

don't belong to no city, don't belong to no man

I'm still at Zach and Maggie's - I'd thought about going home tonight mostly so that I would have a full day there tomorrow, but I decided I didn't want to drive back through vast swathes of rural wasteland in the dark. But we had a lovely day today - Maggie was on call and had to go into the hospital, so Zach and I took Edna to a 'museum' that is basically a gigantic multi-story playground built from an old factory with all kinds of cool places to climb, crawl, jump, and generally burn off energy. Of course, this left me totally exhausted and didn't seem to phase Eddie a bit.

But it meant that Zach and I got some time to talk while she jumped around, so that was great. I also got some solo catch-up time with Maggie while Eddie and Zach both napped later in the afternoon. And we ended it all with a walk to a park (where I nearly nauseated myself on the swings), followed by some tasty Indian-style butter chicken at home.

And now I may contemplate going to bed early so that I can leave when they leave for work and head back to ye olde Iowa - goodnight!

No comments: