Saturday, August 26, 2017

fallen empires and raging bush fires

Way too tired to blog, since I got up at 6:15am (shocking, I know) - but I got up, showered, made coffee, and drove off in search of friendship. And by that I mean that I kept my long-arranged weekend rendezvous with Zach and Maggie (and their daughter Edna, who is an adorable toddler dictator). It took several hours to get to them, but it was worth it - I rolled in around one, and we chatted while she napped before taking her to a circus. Some of it was quite impressive - the tumbling acts were incredible, and the contortionists were highly disturbing (and since Maggie is an endocrinologist, she was guessing which genetic issues they probably had to yield such crazy joint/limb configurations). The elephants, however, were super sad - I would have rather not seen them. And I did wonder what life decisions could possibly take a man down a path toward wearing a sparkly shirt in the middle of a circus tent while herding camels and miniature zebras around in a circle....

...but I'll probably never know the answer to that. After the circus, we came home, ate dinner, read books to Eddie, and then we all passed out as though we're octogenarians in truth rather than just verging on old. And now I'm going to bed for realsies - goodnight!

No comments: