Saturday, August 12, 2017

so come dance this silence down through the morning

I had a long day that was totally full of conversation, so I'm ready to crawl into bed and turn my brain off for awhile. I woke up this morning in time to shower and stop at Philz before heading to the evil city - there are things to be said for the Bay Area, but those things are mostly reduced to a) Philz coffee and b) friendship. Of course, Karl the Fog was devouring San Francisco, as he always does in August (#fogust)...but better fog than a nuclear holocaust, amirite?

Too soon, too soon. sssanyway, I got to SF a little before eleven and did a bit of work in my car before meeting Barbara and Grace for lunch at the Cliff House. This is our usual spot since it's convenient from the north and south bay, but it's really not convenient from the east bay. However, the ocean view was as delightful as always, and it was good to see Grace and Barbara one last time before I head out again. When we were done, Barbara and I went over to Veronica's - V lives on the ocean and is quite close to Cliff House, but she couldn't come to lunch since she had electricians and furniture deliveries and all sorts of other useful-but-temporarily-terrible situations going on.

So the three of us hung out for awhile. When Barbara left, I probably should have left as well...but I looked at maps and it was going to take me 90mins to get back to Berkeley (25mi). So, I lingered until Veronica invited me to stay for dinner, which I then acted surprised about accepting (okay, maybe that's not exactly how it went down, but that's not entirely inaccurate). So we hung out the rest of the afternoon, and when her husband got home we hung out some more and also ordered sushi. I avoided all crab, but I'm still not feeling super great after that eating experience...it was delicious, but I feel vaguely queasy now, and I don't know whether it's some other shellfish issue, some cross-contamination, something psychosomatic, or bad dreams of my recent crab experiences. If I vomit for three hours tonight I'll probably just kill myself and be done with it, so if that happens, know that I loved you all very much.

But I doubt I'll get sick...fingers crossed. I didn't get home until almost eleven, since we had many things to discuss, and now I'm desperate for sleep so I can take care of lots of tings tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: