Wednesday, August 02, 2017

we keep living anyway...we rise and we fall and we break and we make our mistakes

I'm happy to report that my new dog friend seems happy enough - I'm pretty sure she won't eat my face off in the middle of the night, so that's good news. She didn't howl at all last night, and she was happy enough to go on walks this morning and tonight, so it all seems good. I probably shouldn't be away from the house too long since she seems to get neurotic again when I go away for awhile, but since I want to get some work done this week, that's not such a bad thing.

Anyway, today was good - Veronica came over again, and I sacrificed some quality writing time to make us some fish tacos (using the recipe that Aunt B made, which turned out really well). V left around 3:30, and then I took a nap and did some more work before meeting up with John and Jess (and Ian, who was reluctantly along for the ride) to go to Berkeley Bowl (the local version of Whole Foods). Chandlord (remember her?) met us there, since she took BART over from the city, and we went back to John and Jess's and ate the spoils of our Berkeley Bowl pillaging. When it was time for Ian to go to bed, Chandlord came over here briefly, but she took off pretty early to get back to the city. And then I walked the dog again and spent the rest of the evening playing around in my new journal - I go through a journal every 3-4 months, and it was time to start a new one.

And now I'm desperate for sleep - goodnight!

No comments: