Sunday, September 17, 2017

i like my guns all big like texas

So, last night I apparently actually wrote a blog post and got within seconds of being able to post it, but I was so tired that I fell asleep sitting up with the lights on, and when I came to, I closed the laptop and went to bed. Oops. Read the post below to find out what I was up to last night!

And as you might have guessed, I spent this morning paying the wages of my sins. I really shouldn't have gone out last night since I have what is turning into a killer head cold, but my desire to be a grown-up with Katie couldn't be denied, so I had a lot of bourbon and a lot of fine conversation, and absolutely #noregrets. Well, maybe one regret, since my ears didn't really pop very well on my flight today and I was not thrilled about that. But I woke this morning wishing that I could get ten more hours of non-congested sleep. Of course, it wasn't meant to be, so I showered, packed (slowly), and then Katie and I went out to grab breakfast burritos (she'd fed the kids pancakes hours earlier, since their night wasn't as abbreviated as ours was - their stomachs were empty and ready for breakfast instead of full of bourbon and ready for a nap). The breakfast burrito saved my life, so I was able to gather my things and head out....

...and the 'out' was to the airport, where I parked my car, survived a longer-than-usual security experience with my shorter-than-usual temper, grabbed some tea, and made it to my gate in time to talk to my parents for a few minutes before boarding. I'm in Mountain View this week for trainings/meetings, which is a trip that came up v. last minute (I booked it on Thursday). So, SF friends, please don't hate me, but I'm not going to expend any heroic efforts to go to the city since I'm not feeling all that well and traffic here is a nightmare.

But I did make some fun plans - I spent tonight with Heather (aka dear respected madam), since I wasn't sure when I'd see her next, and she lives fifteen minutes from the San Jose airport, which was super convenient. We spent the evening talking, gossipping, and generally catching up while Salim prepared tastiness for us - and then we all ate steak and corn while watching 'Deadpool', which I'd somehow never seen before even though everyone told me I would enjoy it. And, it turns out, I did enjoy it.

But now I'm exhausted from all my adventures, and I need sleep desperately if I'm going to get through trainings tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: