Friday, September 15, 2017

i'll wait for you where saturday's a memory and sunday comes to gather me

I survived my first week in the trenches of the working world. It's still going to require some adjustment (mostly on the wardrobe, since I'm not used to wearing real clothes instead of yoga pants every day...and also on the morning situation, although getting up and going for coffee with Katie every morning before going into work was a great way to adjust). But so far, so good.

So I slogged all day, although I had my aforementioned coffee with Katie at Black Eye to get me going, and I also went out for coffee after lunch with someone from the office. And, I finally got the key to my apartment...unfortunately, I won't be there next week because I have to take a last-minute trip to California, but I was able to unload my car tonight after work, so that's great. It's rather nice not to look like a vagrant anymore, even if I got all sweaty and annoyed unloading my stuff and hauling it up the stairs. Then I stopped at Chipotle for dinner, then came back to Katie and James's, and now I'm considering going to bed early because I think I might be succumbing abruptly to the cold Katie had all last week. Goodnight!

No comments: