Tuesday, September 12, 2017

possibility days are impossible

Today was back to the grind...but I can already tell that my life will be more sustainable, at least from a commute/balance/happiness standpoint, than it was in SF. Of course, it's premature to make that judgment since my car is still full of clothing and I occasionally pull onto a side street and rummage through it like a fucking vagrant, but in my reality, my current situation is awesome.

I woke up this morning, showered, spent some time with Katie and the girls, and then seduced Katie into going to Black Eye with me to grab coffee before I left for the office. I wasn't feeling any pressing need to get there since I knew I wouldn't be able to resolve my computer situation before 10am...and it ended up being more like 1pm by the time we were finally done (after I'd wasted several hours of a coworker's time to help me through the process since I needed their laptop to fix my issue, but hopefully they'll forgive me). But I had some v. tasty carnitas for lunch (this is why I went back), and once the laptop issues were resolved, I was in business. And I'm pretty eager to get up to speed, which I think is a good sign....

...so eager, in fact, that I stayed until almost 6:30pm, and when I walked out into the parking lot, it became clear that *no one* stays that late, which is a good sign for that work/life balance thing I'm trying to prioritize. I grabbed dinner at Modern Market - it's a chain that I discovered in Colorado Springs, but there's one between the office and my new apartment in Boulder, so I predict many future trips there. Then I drove back to Katie's, with a stop at Ulta to buy more face products to salvage the remnants of my ravaged skin (Colorado's low humidity is not my friend). Katie went to bed v. soon after I arrived since she's feeling like death, but I opened the bottle of red wine I'd given her earlier (swamp taketh and swamp taketh away) and indulged while writing emails.

And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: