Saturday, September 09, 2017

something just like this

I'm slowly acclimating to the altitude again, but it's all made more challenging by the smoke from the wildfires - Denver is covered in haze, its fabled mountains hidden under a shroud of particulates and poison. Okay, I'm being dramatic (maybe). Still, Denver continues to delight. I spent the morning at Katie's, doing laundry and 'answering emails' (which means my laptop was open in front of me and Katie and I talked the whole time, and so the emails I've been meaning to write for weeks are still unwritten). Then we went to Avanti for lunch - I skipped my usual arepa and had a burger instead, which was delightful.

After that, Katie went into her office and I went downtown to look at furniture. I browsed half a dozen stores, took tons of pictures, tentatively made decisions in my mind, and ordered the sleeper sofa that I'd had my eye on for awhile. Then I found an art supply store (v. pertinent to my needs) and bought a couple of notebooks and a pen since it feels like it should be the first day of school and I need to stock up.

Then I came back to Katie's. She wasn't home yet, but James and the girls were, so I hung out with James while he cooked supper (and I also read a book to the girls that was about a mermaid, but was such a blatant ripoff of Goldilocks and the Three Bears (but with octopi) that I was weirdly offended). Then we ate supper, I whipped up some mojitos (drink of champions, and by 'champions' I mean 'champion drinkers'), and we hung out the rest of the night. After the girls went to bed, Katie, James and I retreated to the basement and watched 'Red', which continues to be an awesome move and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: