Saturday, September 09, 2017

that's how we do it down in puerto rico

Today was kind of an odd day - I think the wildfires might be affecting all of us, since everyone was quite cranky today (including the girls - Julia growled at me when she saw me this morning, and I had flashbacks to my dogsitting experience, but luckily she warmed up and also isn't likely to have rabies). So I felt vaguely off all day - and after eating breakfast and hanging out and having a morning dance party here, I was feeling like I might need some alone time and Katie/James might need some family time...

...so I went to the mall, of course. I saw them there briefly, since they'd headed there before me, but I stayed much longer - they went grocery shopping, but I tried on lots of clothes (and even bought a few), and then I had a leisurely lunch at the Nordstrom Cafe. By the time I got back to Katie's, it was almost six, and so we ate supper fairly shortly thereafter. Katie and I had discussed going out for drinks tonight and leaving James to put the girls to bed, but none of us were feeling it - it's hard to be super psyched about partying when going outside smells like smoke and makes your throat burns. So we stayed here and hung out and talked (yes, we can still find things to discuss), and now I want to aim for eight hours of sleep before the children begin our day again. Goodnight!

No comments: