Tuesday, September 19, 2017

there's a piece of maria in every song that i sing

This cold is really knocking me out, which is super annoying - if I had been in this job for more than seven days, I would stay home tomorrow. Instead, I'm going to go to bed as soon as I finish this (it's 9:45pm here) and hope that I can sleep despite the sudafed that I've been taking to try to combat my congestion (somewhat futile, but I have to do something).

However, despite the cold, today was good - I actually had a couple of hours this morning to get some work done, which mostly involves reading a lot of stuff and trying to absorb as much info as possible. Then I had some meetings, with a break for a v. bizarre lunch (I had rice and beans, but I threw cold chicken cubes and hot sauce on top from the salad bar rather than eating the chicken mole that went with the rice/beans, since for some reason they put vanilla wafers in the mole and made it not gluten free). And then I had some more meetings. Yes, my life is meetings again.

But I left at 5:45 and met up with Joann (of spinster honeymoon fame) for dinner at Shana Thai. This is one of our go-tos anyway, but it had the added benefit of a) the right amount of spice/comfort food for my cold and b) it's across the street from where I'm staying. So, we had a wonderful time catching up - I think she's excited about the prospect that I will soon be in the market for fancy vacations again (the golden handcuffs get quite comfortable after awhile, especially in Hawaii).

Then I came back to my airbnb and spent some quality time taking care of personal life stuff (choosing health insurance, ordering internet service for my new house, etc.)...and now it's time to sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: