Sunday, September 17, 2017

this town was meant for passing through but it ain't nothing new

[editor's note: I wrote this last night while falling asleep and made it soooo close to the end, but somehow went to bed before finishing it. enjoy!]

After three boulevardiers and an old fashioned (all of which are almost entirely alcohol, if you don't count the cherry in the old fashioned), I can report with a reasonable degree of certainty that Katie is almost as bad for my liver as Adit is. Granted, the number of cocktails consumed tonight is far lower than the epic family nights of yore...but since I have a sudden, miserable cold and Katie has not-so-sudden, still-occasionally-monstrous toddlers, four cocktails with her (at altitude, no less!) should count as ten cocktails with Adit.

sssanyway. Today started off with the brutal, inescapable knowledge that I caught the cold Katie had earlier this week - all my smug dosing with emergen-c came to naught, and I awoke feeling like total death. Luckily for me, the fam went off to take some photos, so I spent the quiet time unpacking and repacking my clothes in preparation for tomorrow's trip. When they got back, we went out for pho - I can't eat midwestern chicken noodle soup anymore because gluten, but Vietnamese rice noodle soup with chicken was just as good if not better.

Then we came home and I took a v. extended nap while Katie introduced her sweet daughters to the sexual misogyny of motorcycle gangs (you had to be there). I also napped while she cleaned and supervised her daughters and generally kept everyone alive - thank you.

Anyway, I'm falling asleep as I write this and am typing nonsense, so I'll stop on a high note - 

No comments: