Friday, September 29, 2017

you know that i love you boy, hot like mexico, rejoice

I'm totally wiped out - it's only 10:38 in California, but it's 11:38 in ye olde mountains, and I'm really feeling it. Of course, I'm in mountains now as well - but this time I'm up in the Sierras, not chilling at the base of the Rockies, so it's *totally different*. And by that I mean it feels the same.

But today was as smooth as it could be - I woke up, showered, drove my car to a sketchy off-airport parking lot, took the shuttle to the airport, checked in, and managed to have time for a full breakfast at Cantina Grill ([censored]'s favorite!). I met up with Barbara S at the gate, since we were flying to the retreat together...but thanks to some magic on my part, I was flying first class, so we only hung out until we boarded.

But we got plenty of time after, including an hour+ in an uber. When we got here, Barbara and Anne were already here, as was Deb, so we drew for rooms and called the missing people (Tina, Grace, and Christie) to let them pick. This meant that I ended up in a king room, but one that gets more noise than usual, so I'll hopefully suck it up.

But now I'm desperate for sleep - we had a lot of gluten free pizza and some ridiculous conversation and red wine, as we're wont to do, and sleep will hopefully cure some of that ails me. Goodnight!

No comments: