Sunday, October 08, 2017

despacito

Seriously too tired to blog...I got a ton of sleep last night, but it wasn't enough, and I need to recuperate some more before the week starts. But I did manage to meander down to Union Street to have brunch at my favorite cafe - Tony was too busy to talk since it's Fleet Week and so everything is insane around there, but he sent me a mimosa and we exchanged phone numbers, so I think we're still friends (I joked about not usually taking phone numbers from married men and he tried and failed to take his wedding ring off, so that was pretty special).

Then I was going to shop around Union/Chestnut, but the crowds were huge and I was in no mood to deal with them, so I went to the airport to pick up my rental car. Unfortunately this turned into a total cluster due to the AirTrain being broken, but I eventually got my car and survived some hideous traffic from SFO to Berkeley. I rendezvoused with John, Jess, and Ian - Ian still can't say 'Auntie Wamp', but he can certainly con me out of half my gelato, so I'm predicting I gave him enough for a major sugar high....

...but that's not my problem, is it? We hung out in a park for awhile, then went to Cesar for some tapas, and then adjourned next door for gelato, and it was all delightful. Then I said my farewells to them and picked up Claudia (aka Santy Claude) in Oakland for second dinner - we went to Nito, which is owned by the Nopalito folks. The wait was a lot shorter than the SF restaurant, and the food was delish - totally different menu, so none of my Nopalito faves were there, but it was tasty regardless. And Claudia, of course, was in fine form.

Then I drove back to SF, eventually found parking for my rental car, and holed up in my hotel so that I can recover some of my introvert/extrovert energy reserves. And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: