Saturday, October 21, 2017

do the clam, do the clam, grab your barefoot baby by the hand

After several weeks of corporate whoredom, it's clear that I hit a bit of a wall this morning. I didn't *have* to be in the office until 10:30, but I had set my alarm for 7:30 and was intending to get lots of stuff done...and then someone scheduled me for a 10am meeting, which was annoying because it was a) earlier than I needed to be there and b) somewhat superfluous. But the fact that I got annoyed at all tells me that I need to slow my roll a little bit and make sure that I'm not working too much, since a ten a.m. meeting isn't exactly an irrational request.

Or, conversely, I can still be annoyed because I had meetings from 10:30-5 with a half-hour break for lunch, which is not enough time for a break or for lunch (although I had a sandwich, which can be consumed in 30min, but I had to eat it during my next meeting). But work was good, all in all, so #noregrets (although I need to find a massage therapist to help me through the transition back to hunching over my laptop all day...yes, that's a super elite thing to say, but it's not as elite as admitting to Katie that I intended to hit up my favorite stationery store during my layover in Singapore, so #sorrynotsorry).

sssanyway. After work I drove straight to Katie's, with a short detour to buy some wine to imbibe with her. We had dinner at her house with James and the girls, and when it was time for the kids to go to bed, Katie and I went out to a bar, where we discussed clams and sociopaths until the wee hours. Yes, it was even more intellectual than it sounds.

And now I must sleep (in Katie's guest room, after watching the last half of 'Dr. No', which made me regret all my lust for Sean Connery) - goodnight!

No comments: