Tuesday, October 31, 2017

fishy business

I should have gone to bed an hour ago, but I'm wired and ready to stay up all night. It's probably good that I haven't really adjusted - and I weirdly haven't been super affected by the jetlag, although I have a 20-30min span every afternoon where I want to die. But maybe that's just the existential realization that nothing matters and we're all doomed, amirite?

j/k, j/k. I had breakfast at the hotel this morning, then went to the office and plowed through a bunch of work. I was v. fortified because I discovered the chai cart (not open during lunch, but open in the morning/afternoon), which was super delish. I had lunch with some of the team, then met with some of them, then went over to another office and spent the afternoon/evening with that group. They took me out for dinner somewhere called Fisherman's Wharf, which looked v. nice (better than many restaurants I've been to around here)....but I was alarmed by the fish aspect of the evening, since they pulled a dead fish out of a bucket and showed it to us before cooking it. I expect to die tonight. And if that doesn't kill me, the ice and the questionably washed jalapenos in my cocktail might do the job instead.

If I survive, remind me not to eat things just to be polite in the future (I'm sure I'll forget that lesson). Anyway, after dinner I went back to that office, caught a cab to my hotel, and worked for the last two hours. And now I need to sleep and conserve my energy for whatever vomiting may start later - goodnight!

No comments: