Monday, October 02, 2017

i'm gonna tell scotty gonna tell him myself

My writing retreat continues as writing retreats usually do - with way too much talking and not nearly enough working. However, I reread my entire young adult manuscript - I fell asleep in the middle, but I prefer to believe it's because I wanted to take a nap, and not because it's boring. I also ate some lackluster avocado toast, talked to several people 1:1, went to the grocery store, called my parents, and got locked out on the balcony while I was talking to my parents, which necessitated calling in a rescue squad.

But all in all, it was great....and I sloughed off early so that I could shower before having dinner with the gang. Barbara S made chicken shawarma, which was super tasty, and I opened a bottle of zinfandel, which was also super tasty. Then we adjourned from the dining table and plotted Grace's book, which was fun; Grace, Anne and I were the final people still awake by the end, which was also fun, since we talked about ridiculous Johanna Lindsey novels with Russian aristocrats and Regency-era aphrodisiacs (aka Spanish fly, which is a plot twist we all must succumb to eventually).

Now, though, it's time to sleep, since I want to write something (anything) tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: