Tuesday, October 10, 2017

lightning crashes

Fires are raging in wine country and I felt an earthquake this afternoon. If I had any doubts about Boulder (which got its first major snowfall of the season today), California is doing its part to keep me happy about my decisions.

Beyond that, I have nothing much to report - I survived my (third) first day of noogler orientation. Unfortunately that meant nine hours straight of meetings since people were trying to squeeze things in around my training, and another meeting at 8pm. But it was all mostly good - and now I'm thinking about how to rework my schedule this week so that I have a bit more downtime and a bit better of a chance to absorb it all. I also had some fun times by hanging out with Lillian and Tomas (from my old team) - it felt just like old times, which only added to the strange, surreal existence I'm leading by plugging seamlessly back into my old life after two years away. Someday I'll write a book about that...but not yet.

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: