Saturday, October 14, 2017

lost frequencies

Today went about as well as it could have gone. I met my movers at my storage unit just before 9:30am, and it all went super smoothly - which makes sense, since everything was packed up and ready to go. One of the two guys had moved me before, which was pretty funny - weirdly, I'm kind of sad that I'll never run into any of these movers again, since I always had a great experience with them. However, the mover dude followed me on instagram at the end - he's also a painter, so I followed him back, which I guess means I'll still be connected to him even though the chances that he'll move my stuff again are slim to none.

sssanyway. They loaded up all my stuff while I answered work emails on my phone. Then we all drove to Oakland, where they moved everything into two shipping containers, which will be delivered to Colorado in 5-7 business days. It was a little surreal to see things carried past me that I haven't seen or potentially thought of in ten months - and it made me that much more excited to unpack it all when it finally arrives. Someday soon, I will be a real adult again - and I don't know for sure how I feel about that, but I'm 85% excited and 15% wishing I was lazing in a hammock waiting for my next massage.

They wrapped up everything a little before two, which was perfect timing since I had a meeting I didn't want to miss - which, thanks to the marvels of modern technology, I took as a videoconference from my laptop, which was hooked up to my mobile hotspot while I was sitting in a Home Depot parking lot. As far as meeting places go, this was not convenient, but I got it done. Then I took my leftover rachet straps and extra lock back to Home Depot, then drove to my hotel, where I promptly took a nap. Then I answered some work emails, repacked my suitcase, and had a long, leisurely dinner/journaling session in the hotel restaurant - I probably should have made contact with at least one friend, but friendship has to wait when I'm feeling this much like a hermit.

And now, after watching some meaningless tv (including a truly stupid episode of some show where some idiot was hunting werewolves in Romania and only made it look interesting by doing it in the dark with night vision camera equipment), it's time for bed - I'm flying back to Denver tomorrow, provided that the smoke from the fires doesn't keep me grounded. Goodnight!

No comments: