Friday, October 06, 2017

saturday night's all right for fighting

Long day and I was cranky for a lot of it - I'm hitting my introvert wall hard after many months of traveling around and talking to people, which wasn't good for keeping the peace today. But I got up and said goodbye to Barbara S, who left a day early, and made myself some coffee and an omelette, which was almost enough to perk me up.

I also spent the morning taking care of annoying life tasks - but the result is that I'm going to get my stuff shipped to Boulder next weekend rather than waiting another month, which is a great thing. This meant I had to change my ticket since I was supposed to fly back to Colorado next Thursday...but staying 'til Saturday is worth it if it means my stuff gets to Boulder the following week.

I also did some solid brainstorming on the young adult book - several of us discussed it this morning, and I'm feeling like there's something good there. I did some writing this afternoon, but it was all pretty intense, so I took a nap at five p.m. (unusual for me, since I usually like my naps earlier), and then showered before dinner. I'd wanted to go out, but a couple of people wanted to stay in, so they bought rotisserie chickens and made baked potatoes and I drank almost all of the last bottle of wine I'd stockpiled, so the wine smoothed out the edges of my temper. So, too, did sitting by Grace and looking up ridiculous photos of ridiculous people (mostly my favorite old cover model ever, who shall remain nameless).

But at 9:30, as everyone else was considering going to bed, Anne and I stole Christie's car (I was not driving, obvi) and went down the road to watch 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'. It was, without a doubt, the worst movie I've seen in awhile, and I LOVED IT. #noregrets

But now I must must must sleep, since I have to get up in less than seven hours to pack and help prep the house to be abandoned so that we can drive to SF. Goodnight!

No comments: