Monday, October 16, 2017

versace on the floor

I didn't get up early enough this morning - I blame the residual adjustment to Pacific time + the fact that I didn't go to bed until 1am. So, I didn't make it into the office until ten, which means I missed breakfast, which meant I had to have cereal to get me through to lunch, which was more carbs than I'm used to eating in the morning. Yes, I'm already spoiled.

But I had a good day at the office - a couple of meetings, lunch with someone I'm going to be working with, and a little downtime in the middle of the day to figure out my car insurance situation (verdict: after an entirely unsatisfying call with my insurance agent, who has always been supremely unhelpful and somehow didn't get that I was moving to Colorado despite me saying 'Colorado' multiple times, she told me that she couldn't help me move and that I should just find an Allstate agent in Colorado and they would help me get everything transferred over....so I dumped Allstate and got a couple of quotes and went with American Family instead. Too bad, so sad, Allstate!). I also answered a bunch of emails, which has become my life.

I peaced out around six and stopped at Whole Foods, where it was too late for me to be buying groceries since I was already ravenous. So I bought some Indian food from the buffet and ate that in the cafe area, then bought groceries so I can cook dinner tomorrow. Then I came home and took care of online tasks with my newly-minted internet while watching a couple of episodes of Project Runway on my other screen. And then I had a 9:30-10pm call with someone in India, which is why I felt no shame over getting to the office at 10am today (not that I would have felt shame even without that).

But now I'm going to trim my bangs (ill-advised at this time of night, but the situation is dire) and go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: