Monday, October 16, 2017

we could wave until the walls come down

I spent almost all day taking care of tings around the apartment, which means that I finally have internet. This required some effort, since the setup process required hooking into the router with an ethernet cable, and of all the laptops and chromebooks and other devices I have, none of them have an ethernet port. Lol. But I acquired an ethernet-to-USB converter, and I got my wifi hooked up, and I promptly used it to listen to 'Despacito' on repeat, which probably means I don't deserve internet.

Beyond the internet, the rest of the day was great. I woke up at 9:30, got my coffeemaker set up, and enjoyed my coffee while talking to Aunt B. I also made an omelette (with garlic salt, since I couldn't find my sea salt), did like five loads of laundry, measured all sorts of things in the apartment, and eventually went to Container Store, where I got a bunch of shoe racks on the last day of their shelving sale (which I'm sure will start again in two weeks, but I succumbed to the lure of the discount).

Then I came home, talked to my parents, and went out again to run some more errands and eat dinner at Chipotle, and then spent the last four hours folding clothes, collapsing boxes, organizing things, etc., etc. And now I'm watching the first episode of this season of Project Runway (which I'm ten episodes behind on) on one laptop screen while typing this on the other - someday I will have a tv again, and while I usually don't watch tv, I'm weirdly excited to get back into tv again. Yeah, I know, my life has taken a total 180 in the last two months. I'll examine that fact later...for now, it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: