Wednesday, October 04, 2017

when there are no more gods left to anoint

I did v. little today, but #noregrets. I slept last thanks to last night's wine and conversation, and when I finally got up and showered and went over to the other house to check out their progress, I found that Barbara S was jonesing to get out of the house and eat breakfast elsewhere. Since there are few things I adore more than brunch (it was definitely brunch, since it was 11:30am), I agreed to go with her. We went down the street to Cup of Cherries, which was surprisingly delicious - I had my usual basic original-style (whatever that means) breakfast of eggs over easy, bacon, and homefries, but this particular variant of that old standby was quite delish.

Then Barbara and I stopped at Safeway on the way home. I was planning to work all afternoon, but I really wasn't feeling it - so I played around with a truly heinous new puzzle that we started, with a few breaks from that strenuous activity to send some emails and take care of some tings.

For dinner, we went to MacDuff's, which is a local pub that we all like quite a bit. It's a block away, so we headed over, waited just a bit for a table, and were thrilled to be there once we were all settled. I had the cottage pie, which involves ground beef with mashed potatoes on top, and it was so fucking good. Then we came home, messed around with the puzzle some more, and played a game whose title I can't remember which basically involved people accusing people of stuff (it was more fun and less weird/aggressive than it sounds).

But even though I was on a roll with another conversation with Anne, I'm desperate for sleep and must take that path instead - goodnight! 

No comments: