Wednesday, October 18, 2017

working on the night moves

I didn't sleep all that well last night, and I need to go to bed immediately if I'm going to recoup some lost energy and also get up in time to do some stuff in the morning. Today was good, but my stress levels increased because I decided yesterday that I need to go to India...and that I need to go next weekend. lolololol.

It's the right call in terms of timing (because there was only one other week I could go between now and Thanksgiving, and that week didn't work for that team), and it's also the right call in terms of getting it over with so that I don't have to go in January, and it's also the right call because it needs to happen. However, it's a wee bit exhausting to even think about, since I have to go directly to San Francisco right after, and I also will be in the midst of unpacking hell next week and so need to make sure I stay organized enough to pack for a trip (and not pack as badly as I did for Bora Bora/Easter Island, where I packed for the heat of Bora and forgot about Easter Island's cool weather completely, which is exactly what could happen to me when going to Hyderabad/San Francisco). That said, I was looking at the Hyderabad map to decide where to stay and I was flooded with memories from a lifetime ago...so I think once I'm in the air and can't turn back, I'll be thrilled.

So I spent more time today than I should have investigating flights and tings, in addition to a million meetings. I also talked to my parents during a rare weekday phone call (because the India visa application requires the city of your parents' birth and for some reason I never remember where my dad was born). But I forced myself to take a break tonight - I picked up a salad from Modern Market (this is predicted to happen far too frequently in my future) and watched a couple of episodes of Project Runway. And now I should sleep - goodnight!

No comments: