Saturday, October 14, 2017

you know grey is my favorite color

I had a long day, although it wasn't particularly out of the ordinary - my new second home is the Denver/SFO flight, so I should get very very comfortable with that route in the next few months. I've got three more trips planned to SF between now and the end of the year...so my plans to escape California forever seem to have hit some snags.

I woke up this morning and dallied a bit as I was getting ready, but I still made it to the airport and returned my rental car with enough time to grab a quickish breakfast before boarding. I spent the flight reading THE MADWOMAN UPSTAIRS and trying not to vomit - the book itself had nothing to do with my nausea, although reading it while dealing with more turbulence than usual (which is saying something, since Denver almost always has turbulence) was probably ill-advised.

When I landed in Denver, I picked up my luggage, took the v. v. long shuttle ride to my offsite parking, and then drove towards Boulder. I didn't come home first, though - instead I stopped at Crate and Barrel and bought some pillows to jazz up my new couch (verdict: I love them!). I also got some new stemmed wine glasses, a couple of plates/bowls to get me through the next couple of weeks (which match what I already have), and a couple of new knives since mine are all fairly cheap and not particularly good. I was all excited to start cooking tomorrow, but then I realized that if I wanted to make a lot of things, I would also need measuring spoons, hot mitts, spatulas, tongs, possibly other pans than the couple that I have here, etc., etc....so I should probably slow my roll on the cooking and just eat takeout for the next ten days until my stuff gets here.

But I at least have the right stuff to make scrambled eggs and coffee, so I'll survive. After Crate and Barrel, I came home, turned up the heat, briefly verified that everything still looked good, and then went to Modern Market to grab something to eat. I also finished the book I was reading on the plane - it was good and I think (?) I enjoyed it, and yet I found it pretty irritating, possibly because the narrator was irritating. I also didn't believe the ending, but since the whole premise of the book included whether you can trust narrators, maybe I wasn't supposed to. Idk, ymmv.

Then I went to Whole Foods to get eggs and milk, and Target to get a spatula (only one!) and another pillow for my bed, and then I came home and took care of a variety of sundry tasks until now. And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: