Sunday, November 12, 2017

don't let me down

I slept late this morning, but that was the extent of the relaxing that I accomplished today. When I finally got up, I started unpacking...and that was pretty much all I did today. Things are slowly coming together, although I don't think my place is going to be as tidy or pretty as I'd like by next weekend - I may be fully out of boxes, but I probably won't be at the point where I have photos on the walls or drawers that are organized instead of haphazardly filled in a fit of unpacking madness.

But I got a lot done today - mostly organizing books and shoes, which says a lot about my priorities. I can't fully organize my closets until my dresser shows up at the end of the week, but things are getting closer. I also did some laundry, made some delish eggs/bacon/hashbrowns for breakfast/lunch, ran the dishwasher, and put together two shoe racks - which took 45mins, because I bought them at Container Store, which insisted on making them 'sturdy' by using screws instead of pushing them together with plastic bits, and my lack of an electric screwdriver made this an onerous endeavor. Now I have a stripe of possible blisters on my right hand that, in another life, would have been prevented by my kettlebell calluses - but it's been so long since I've swung a kettlebell that my calluses are gone. This is another thing I need to start doing asap - but unpacking (and maybe some writing) comes first.

I did take a couple of breaks, though - mostly to have a long, leisurely talk with my parents, and also to chat with [censored], who was [censored] and so bored enough to talk to me. I also ate some leftover spaghetti carbonara, which was almost as tasty today as it was yesterday.

And now I should probably sleep - this week doesn't look like it's going to be nearly as onerous as the last few, but I need to get up relatively early and deal with the millions of tasks I've been ignoring recently. And at night, the unpacking fun will continue - lucky me. Goodnight!

No comments: