Wednesday, November 22, 2017

i tuck you in homie buenas noches

I had a family-filled day today, which started by making [censored] for [censored] (I only burned a little bit of it!) while also cleaning up my place. Several other family members showed up just after noon, and after a tour of my place (rather easy, since bathrooms and bedrooms are self-explanatory), we all had lunch. We went to the Boulder Depot, since we like train themes, and the food was pretty tasty - my gluten free flatbread w/barbecue chicken was super delish, and Aunt Kathy's potato chip nachos, while late to arrive, looked pretty awesome too.

Then we went to Pearl Street and wandered around. Wandering got tiring, especially since we weren't buying anything, so we ended up at the Hotel Boulderado, where we had a drink in the bar. The hotel is Victorian and v. nicely renovated, so that was fun interlude.

Then the real adults went back to Castle Rock, and [censored], Andrew [drewbaby], and I hung out the rest of the night. I left them to fend for themselves while I bought some more groceries, and then we had dinner at a place called Verde - it was quite good, and I'm glad I've found a Mexican place with decent enchiladas, since I wasn't sure about Denver's Mexican scene (although it's not Cali-Mex, so it will never be quite as good anyway). Then we walked across the street to the Outback Saloon - it was a dive bar in the best way, and while it was super empty when we arrived (at seven, lol), it was filling up for karaoke by the time we left. We had three rounds and lots of conversation, and I could have stayed all night...

....but instead we came home, and now I need to sleep immediately if I'm going to make it to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: