Monday, November 13, 2017

i'm going mad for a couple grams

Today was a pretty good day, all in all, but I've relapsed into workaholism. Yes, you knew this two months ago, but I'm a little slow on the uptake sometime. In my defense, I had a million and ten things to catch up on after the last two weeks out of the office, so it's no wonder that I wanted to get some shit done today - and also in my defense, I didn't get to the office until almost 9:30, so it's not like I lost sleep over getting to work.

But my inbox is still a lost cause, even after more hours at my desk than I've had in like a month. And I need to figure out a better ergonomic situation - with this much typing, my hands go numb, which is like a prime signal of carpal tunnel (best case) or a host of degenerative neurological or immunological diseases that I have a family history of (where my nightmares take me). But it's also likely that I've messed up my hands with all the unpacking I've done, or the forty-five minutes I spent with a screwdriver yesterday - unclear.

sssanyway. Work was good, and I left at five and stopped at Whole Foods. I was going to make soup tonight, but I instead ate all the skin off a rotisserie chicken, ate leftover pasta, and ignored the soup. #winning. I spent a couple of hours continuing the unpacking festival - I've now organized all of my bathroom drawers/toiletries, which is a win, and I've also organized my entry closet. That means the kitchen, master bedroom, bathroom(s), and hall closet are done - which leaves the living room, dining room, guest room, and office. I can see some light at the end of the tunnel (not my carpal tunnel, unfortunately) - I'm pretty confident I'll be in good shape by the time my furniture shows up on Friday.

Then I answered emails and did work for the last three hours. And now I'm going to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: