Saturday, November 18, 2017

i'm only one call away

Today went pretty much perfectly, but I just stayed up too late and need to go to bed immediately. But until now, things probably couldn't have gone much better. I woke up a little after seven solely because Hamilton tickets went on sale for Des Moines this morning - Des Moines somehow scored one of the earliest stops on the touring show, and Hamilton is there for three weeks next summer. I logged two computers and two phones into the online waiting room during the 45min before the official opening of the digital line, since the policy was that anyone in the waiting room would be randomly assigned a place in the line at 9am. My phones both had an hour-plus wait when the line opened, but one laptop only ended up waiting for twenty minutes - so I grabbed four tickets for a matinee show, which means I can take my parents and [censored] if they choose to accept this mission.

That all went so much more smoothly than expected - I was sure that I wouldn't get tickets at all, or that they would be single-seat nosebleeds. So, my day was already set by nine a.m. But it continued to go well even after that - my furniture delivery showed up at ten, and the Room and Board guys were waaaay better than the Crate and Barrel dudes - R&B delivered two beds, a mattress, a dresser, two nightstands, and a bench/ottoman without complaining at all about the stairs, unlike the C&B guys. The furniture all looks great, and I'm super happy with it - and I can confirm that my bed frame is good because I took a nap on it this afternoon, so the initial test run went really well.

I spent the rest of the day alternating between day job stuff and unpacking stuff (plus a quick run to Target to buy another swathe of housewares). I was done by 5:15, though, and I walked around the block to get my hair cut - it was starting to look a little bedraggled, and at some point I'm going to have to find a stylist here despite my love for my SF stylist. I'm on the fence about the woman who cut my hair tonight - I think she did a good job, but my bangs are a little too blunt and her blowout wasn't nearly as good as Lauren's (but then, no one's is). So I may try another salon or two before I commit to a new relationship....

Then I came home and spent most of the evening doing housework. My end tables for my living room came yesterday and I had intended to ply Drewbaby (my cousin Andrew) with beer and tell him they were a puzzle to solve, but I decided to put them together myself. I also rolled out my new rug, which was just slightly too wide for the space, so I need someone to help me lift the couch (which is horrendously heavy because it's a sleeper sofa) so I can tuck the edge of the rug underneath it.

But things are coming together - not fast enough to look polished and well decorated for Thanksgiving, but fast enough that I might actually feel settled in the next few days. Isn't that a novel idea? And now I'm desperate to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: