Wednesday, November 01, 2017

kal ho naa ho

I mistakenly took a two hour nap when I got home from dinner, but I really needed it, so #noregrets (although I may feel regrets while trying to sleep tonight, especially since I have to get up and pack/check out). Luckily I didn't die from the fish or the ice last night, so that was a real bonus.

Today was good, but long - definitely too much work, too much social time with people I don't really know, and not enough downtime. Still, it was all interesting stuff, so I'm not annoyed - just vaguely starting to feel the itch to prioritize myself again....

....which led into me stopping the writing of this blog to book a massage at my favorite spa in SF this weekend, followed by another twenty minutes of sending work emails. I'm either doing this totally right or really wrong, unclear.

Anyway, I had lots of chai, even more coffee, only felt like I was falling asleep during one meeting, didn't die during any of my cab rides, and had a delish dinner at a place called Mamagoto's, which is Asian-style (dumplings, noodles, rice bowls, etc., probably all of which had gluten, but I'm picking my battles this week). It's also right next door to the office and down the road from the apartments we lived in back in 2005 - if we'd had such deliciousness so close to us back then, it would have changed everything.

And now I must sleep (or pack and sleep in tomorrow if I think that's more viable) - tomorrow night I'll be on a plane to Singapore, so I don't know whether I'll blog, but you should just trust that I'm alive. Goodnight!

No comments: