Saturday, November 11, 2017

leave her with a baby sitter, mama, call the grave digger

I'm suuuuuper tired, and also cold since I'd set my house temp to 58 degrees when I left and it's not fully warmed up again...but I'm back in Colorado, and so things are good. I got a solid eight hours of sleep last night, then showered, packed all my stuff, and checked out of my hotel. Luckily, between the fact that everyone in the bay area now works from home on Fridays and that it was also Veterans Day, the drive to the office only took twenty minutes, which was less than half the time it had been taking all week.

When I got to the office, you can probably guess what happened - yes, I had meetings all day. I forgot to block off time for lunch, so I had to be eight minutes late to one of them so I could grab food, but it could have been worse. I was done by 3ish, and so I left for the airport a bit early, which gave me time to eat and have a glass of wine and answer some emails while waiting for my flight.

The flight itself was uneventful - I slept most of the way and we got here twenty minutes early, which was about as good as it gets. I took a lyft to Katie's house, but I didn't see her - I'd left my car there, so I had to pick it up and drive to Boulder.

But now, I have the whole weekend stretching ahead of me and lots of things that I want to accomplish - starting with sleeping for eleven hours. Goodnight!

No comments: