Friday, November 24, 2017

listen to your heart when he's calling for you

Family Thanksgiving fun is coming to an end...we are all slowly succumbing to fatigue, so even though it's only 10:30, I think I'm headed to bed soon. I spent last night on an air mattress in the tv room, which we blew up using Becky's hair dryer - and I realized, much later, when I landed perilously close to the floor, that the hot air contracted over the course of several hours, so I needed to add some more at five a.m. But I slept pretty well, all in all, and then woke up at eight to discover that everyone else had been awake for hours (#losers).

So, I made everyone some frittatas - leek, ham, hashbrowns, and cheese, which were my favorite breakfast last year when I was living in SF. They turned out really well despite the altitude, and everyone seemed to enjoy it despite the fact that it was brunch rather than breakfast. Or, I bought the love of some of them via mimosas, which several of us enjoyed.

Then, I showered, and we all generally hung out the rest of the afternoon. Katie came out because she couldn't deny the lure of my company any longer, and she brought James, Anne, Julia, and her sister Amy with her. They spent two or three hours here and ate a late lunch - Aunt B made a v. delicious prime rib, which paired well with all of yesterday's leftovers (and there are still leftovers, lol). It was great to hang out with them, obvi, and I would have happily plied them with alcohol and kept them here all night....

...but they had responsibilities (aka Christmas tree shopping), so they left. Aunt Becky, Drewbaby, Aunt Kathy, and Uncle Brian went on a hike (which Kathy seemed to think was a death march, since they were cutting it close to the sunset and so couldn't stop to take pictures), and so I took that prime opportunity to take a long nap, which saved my life. Then I hung out the rest of the evening, eating some leftovers, doing some Black Friday shopping, chatting with Racheal and Craig (who came back out), and generally chilling.

But now I should sleep - everyone is leaving tomorrow, and I need to get back to my place and accomplish a million things. Goodnight!

No comments: