Sunday, November 19, 2017

please don't make any sudden moves

Today was great, but I'm totally wiped out and unfortunately have a ton of work to do over the next couple of days so that I can relax over Thanksgiving. I slept for nine hours last night, which helped, and then got up, hung out, called my dad for his birthday (happy birthday, Papa Wamp!!!), and then made breakfast for Drewbaby and me. Breakfast was not particularly satisfying because I cooked the hashbrowns poorly (too many hashbrowns, not enough oil) and broke my egg yolks, but Andrew didn't complain, so I guess it worked.

Then we both showered and eventually left the house. We decided to drive up into the mountains to check things out, and I'm really glad we did - ten minutes from my house is a whole different world of rocks and forests, and we saw some truly gorgeous landscapes. We drove from Boulder to Nederland, which is a quirky little town with several competing tourist traps (a frozen dead guy festival, a hand-carved carousel ride, and a restaurant made out of train cars). We explored the town a little bit and had hot drinks at a coffee shop that was hosting a book festival (aka one guy sitting in the corner hoping to sell a book). All in all, it was a v. successful stop.

Then we wound through the mountains on a different road and ended up in Golden, where we had a late lunch in a building that was Colorado's original territory capitol. After that, we drove down to Aunt Becky's, where we said hi to her and then promptly got in the car again to go to a faraway liquor store to stock up for Thanksgiving. All in, I drove over two hundred miles today - but it was #worthit, as they say.

We went back to Becky's after buying liquor, and we hung out there for a couple of hours and had dinner with her and her scandalous pirate husband. Around eight p.m., though, we had to call it a night, and Andrew and I drove back to Boulder. When I got here, I cleaned a bit, took care of my face, and did some work + some internet browsing until now - and now I really need to sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: