Saturday, December 30, 2017

but you were living in another world trying to get your message through

Vacation is rapidly coming to a close, so I had another sloth-filled day of #smalltownlife. I didn't drag myself out of bed until eleven a.m., which was pretty freaking great. Then I spent some quality time eating, drinking coffee, and playing with a new bullet journal. I haven't journaled regularly since I moved to Boulder, but now that I'm mostly settled in and also planning to travel way less in Q1 than I did in Q4, I'm hoping to build those habits again.

So, I alternated between messing around with setting up my journal and taking care of random small tasks online. I also, at some point, went into town to pick up groceries for tomorrow (the roads were a little slick, but I was also driving my old Sunfire from 2002, which never had quite the ability to handle snow that any other vehicle has). And I played with my parents' kitten, which is the first kitten we've had in forever who will let us play with her.

Then we had supper, and then we watched the Iowa State/Kansas State basketball game (I stopped watching at halftime and it apparently got much more bleak after that). Then I wrote in my journal, played some Civilization (longer than intended, shorter than desired), and now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: