Monday, December 18, 2017

i was younger then, take me back to when

Today was pretty lovely, all in all, although I just noticed how much my tan has faded...I'm never particularly tan to begin with, but after my endless summer during the first six months of this year (well, except for London, which was endless rain and writing), I had a bit more color. Turns out that two phones and two laptops in constant rotation still aren't enough to give me a relaxed, fun-filled glow...

sssanyway. I totally slept through my alarm somehow this morning, and I awoke exactly an hour later than planned - it's like my body knew I wanted to wake up at 7:45am, but didn't realize that I was now in a different timezone. So I had to scramble a bit to get ready for work, which means I missed breakfast, but I made it in time for a meeting (at which my presence was totally unnecessary), so that's good. I then spent the rest of the day trying to catch up on emails (quite unsuccessfully), talking to my parents (successfully), and generally messing around online.

But I cut out at 4pm to meet Katie for happy hour/dinner in Denver. We went to Cuba Cuba, which I'd apparently been to before and had absolutely no recollection of - the blog says it was in spring of 2012, and I remember other things we did that day (a Yves Saint Laurent exhibit, brunch, teatime), but I didn't really remember dinner. This may be because their mojitos are potent and totally addictive - I had a ginger one tonight that was so delicious that I wanted ten, but I had to refrain. We also shared some empanadas and some plantain chips, and we had a couple of entrees, and it was all delish.

Then we went to her house so I could say hi to the girls (and, more importantly, so Katie could rescue James), and then I came home (with a stop at Target to pick up some tings). And now I'm going to sleep and hopefully not sleep through my alarm tomorrow.

But most importantly, happy birthday to my mother and to Chandlord - yay for another year of life!
Goodnight!

No comments: