Wednesday, December 13, 2017

i'm practicing your name so i can say it to your face

I'm so ridiculously tired - I only had five possible hours of sleep last night and I kept waking up during that already-too-short interlude, so I awoke this morning already feeling like death. But I made it to the airport, grabbed something to eat, boarded my flight, slept fitfully, and wrote for a little bit. I landed in SFO sometime shortly after nine a.m. here, but I was dragging from exhaustion, so it took awhile to get out of the airport and pick up my rental car.

But I got a sleek new Nissan Rogue, which I like quite a bit - not nearly as big as last trip's Chevy Tahoe, but it's a nice small SUV. And I stopped at Philz on the way to work so that I could get some more caffeine into my bloodstream. Thus fortified, I worked until almost six...I didn't get nearly enough done, but c'est la vie.

Then I cut out and drove to Palo Alto, where I took a twenty-minute nap in my car that may have been the only thing that saved me. And then I had dinner with the original Jen Lui at Mayfield Cafe (owned by the same group that owned my beloved Des Amis - this place isn't the same, but my short ribs were pretty tasty, so I'll take it). Jen was great, and I'm glad we were able to hang out...

...but now that I'm at my hotel (in the city, which was SUPER DUMB since now I have to drive back down tomorrow), I'm going to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: