Sunday, December 03, 2017

last christmas i gave you my heart

I slept approximately a million hours last night, and I spent the morning lazing about reading all about nothing on my phone and in some magazines I'd stockpiled. I didn't do much this afternoon, either - I think I hit a wall on just about everything, and I was also feeling the beginning of a sore throat (which seems to have subsided thanks to all the sleep I had). So I eventually showered and went out in search of pho - it wasn't as good as the pho place I've been to in Denver, but it was pretty tasty and only five minutes from my house, so I'll most likely go back when I'm need of a pho phix (sorry, that was dumb).

I also had another outing to get my brows waxed - this place is a block from my house, which makes it super convenient. I think the girl did a good job and I think I liked her, but it made me miss my San Francisco beauty people all over again - I didn't connect with her the way I connected with Amanda, who was amazing at both brows and life. However, it was also like half the price of an SF brow wax, so maybe there's something to be said for that. And it was, as I said, less than two minutes to walk there - I also like Katie's waxing person in Denver better, but that requires planning ahead and making an appointment and driving to Denver. Yes, this is a #firstworldproblem, but it's one I need to figure out if I want to start establishing some routines here.

Anyway, after I got my brows waxed, I walked around a little bit, then came home and cleaned furiously for a couple of hours. I've barely been here the past month and I wasn't really unpacked before that, so I've neglected the actually cleaning even though I've been steadily trying to get things put away. But tonight I scrubbed the kitchen, mopped all the hard floors, cleaned both bathrooms, and vacuumed the stairs, so things are looking much better. I need to vacuum upstairs tomorrow, and I also need to put some clothes away, and I also need to pack for California again...but all of that can wait for morning.

When I was done with that, I watched an episode of Project Runway (only one or two more left of this season, and I was bummed about who went home on the episode I watched tonight - but I know if I look up what she's been up to since the show, I'll find out immediately who won, so I'll have to stay in suspense until I watch the rest of it tomorrow). Then I spent too much timing making lists and messing around online, since there's a lot of things I want to accomplish tomorrow (and this month)...but the best way to accomplish any of it is to get some sleep first. Goodnight!

No comments: