Friday, December 22, 2017

leaving on a jet train

#sorrynotsorry for skipping the blog last night. I worked from home yesterday, which meant that I got up and worked for a couple of hours, then ate breakfast and discussed (discussed, not argued, because I'm a lady) politics with my dad for three hours, then had a couple of meetings, then supper, then some find CBS programming, and then I worked from eight p.m. to one a.m. This turned out to be a great thing, because I hadn't really had that amount of time to focus in the last few weeks, and so I knocked out all but ~20 of the 300+ emails in my inbox. And that means I can go into my vacation feeling much more on top of things than I otherwise would have.

But since I was way over staring at screens, I had to log off as soon as I was done working - which meant I missed my chance on zee blog to wish a timely happy birthday to Jessica. Happy birthday, JWan!

As you may have guessed, I got up later this morning (although 9:30ish isn't that late for me when I'm on vacation). However, I worked all morning and early afternoon (including writing an email that [censored] suggested I should start by saying 'Dear loyal subjects,' but I decided I didn't want to start the holidays by losing my job). That put me slightly behind on my errand plans...but eventually I showered, stole Mom's car (and Mom), and went to Centerville. I had some last-minute Christmas shopping to take care of (mostly a couple of stocking stuffers), and she needed some groceries, so we accomplished all of those errands rather efficiently.

Then we came home, I ate some potato chips and my beloved A&E french onion dip (snack of champions), and then I went into town with Dad to see my grandma, who is in the hospital with an infected leg. This was slightly tough since she remembers basically nothing other than who he is and that he'll take care of her - she didn't realize, multiple times, that she's in a hospital (although she realized multiple times that she'll still be there at Christmas, which upset her every time). Dementia is a total bitch.

Then we came home, and Mom made mac and cheese and some ham, which was totally delish. And then we played Ticket to Ride, which my father won. And now, I think I'm going to journal and go to bed - or maybe just go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: