Saturday, December 09, 2017

raise your glass

I should have gone to a holiday party tonight...but despite getting my nails done this afternoon, I simply wasn't feeling it. I really would have liked to have gone out in general, but I needed a break from coworkers (even though I like my coworkers!) - my job has taken over my life in rather dramatic ways, and this is my last full weekend at home until January, so I decided to indulge in my desire to be a hermit rather than doing the good corporate-citizen thing and going to the party.

This was, in some ways, driven by yesterday, when I worked straight from 8am to 3:45pm (with a ten-minute break for some furniture guys to deliver a new tv stand), and then dashed over to the Boulder County offices to get new license plates for my car. That task was accomplished fairly well, and then I took a break to go shopping (ironically, for something to wear tonight, which turned out to be unnecessary). But when I came home, I really wanted to do nothing, so I ate something unmemorable (having turkey burgers and fries in the freezer made for something easy, but not particularly great), drank a bottle of wine, and watched the end of Project Runway. I also, stupidly, totally unnecessarily, stayed up until after 1am, which made this morning painful...

...because I had to get up and put some clothes on, since I was expecting a tv delivery. I'd bought a tv from Amazon on Black Friday and selected today for the delivery, and it's really humongous - perhaps too humongous, since it's almost twice as big as my previous tv, but it's rather delightful to have a big tv and access to all the content I've missed in the last decade. The delivery didn't arrive until 10:45, and they weren't quite as helpful setting up as I'd been led to believe - they put the legs on backwards, which I luckily noticed before they left since it would have been impossible to change by myself - and even then, they weren't centered, but that was something I was able to take care of when I noticed it later.

But it's all good, and you can probably guess that the tv was a bigger draw than the party. After I set up the tv, I took a nap, ate some leftover pasta for a late lunch, and called [censored] to discuss [censored]. Then I got a mani/pedi - I think I found a good place, and it's walking distance from my house (although I drove because I was cold and lazy).

On the way home, I tested out a new grocery store (also walking distance to my house) and, on a whim, bought some stuff to attempt to make a thai green curry with pork and veggies. It turned out super yummy and was very easy - and I'll probably be eating a lot more of it, since that particular brand of curry sauce is legitimately whole30-approved and totally gluten free, and pulling it together was very simple.

Then, I made the gametime decision to bail on the party and curled up to watch three episodes of Top Chef (last season, which I didn't see). And now I'm going to attempt to be in bed before midnight (shocking) - goodnight!

No comments: