Saturday, December 16, 2017

shareholder value

I woke up this morning feeling slightly less like death than I have the past few days - it helped that I blocked off my calendar until 10am, which meant that I actually got some decent sleep. Of course, my lyft driver took me to the office while listening to a weird combo of Rammstein and Red Hot Chili Peppers, which was not the most relaxing way to start my day (especially since I hadn't had coffee yet).

But work was good today - some meetings, a nice lunch with Alice (nice in terms of conversation; I plated a really weird mishmash of food that didn't make any sense and wasn't particularly tasty), and a lot more meetings this afternoon.

I left before four, though, to meet up with Katrina, whom I hadn't seen in a while - we had drinks at Hi Dive, which is a dive bar on the water that may or may not have rats (we saw no signs, but it seems like a plausible rumor). But then we had to adjourn - I met up with Chandlord and Santy Claude at Benjamin Cooper. There was drank, met some randos of Vidya's (although it's always great to hang out with Adam!, and eventually walked to Chisme, which is like a fast casual place with way better tacos than takeout Mexican).

Of course, Adit and Priyanka came too, and the Priyanka left before Adit, Chandlord, Adam and I adjourned to the nearby bar hidden beneath the Liholiho Yacht Club. The bar was super fun, and my second drink (which Adit ordered) was way more drinkable than whatever else I could have gotten.

But now I'm falling asleep as I write this - goodnight!

No comments: