Saturday, December 30, 2017

train across ukraine

My time in Iowa is almost over, but I still had one major event to get through - Wampler Family Christmas (tm). Even though it's ridiculously cold (and getting even more ridiculously cold tonight/tomorrow), Uncle Mark, Aunt Kathy, Drewbaby, Aunt Becky, and Uncle Brian all came down so that we could hang out for our usual holiday celebration. It was a lovely day - we ate tacos (v. non-traditional for us) and baked potatoes, and Iowa State won its bowl game, and our white elephant resulted in some great gifts (the carrot sharpener and bag of carrots that I put in was a surprise hit).

And after everyone left, I made another batch of chocolate chip chewies, and then my parents, [censored] and I played Ticket to Ride, which I won handily. And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: