Tuesday, February 13, 2018

the aubergine of the sun

Today was pretty brutal. I woke up at three a.m. suddenly filled with rage, and my stomach was sour and my mood even more sour, and so I somehow ended up wide awake until five a.m. I finally fell asleep again and woke up at 7:30, at which point I had to walk downtown to retrieve my car from where I left it last night. The walk did nothing to clear my mood, and neither did my shower after getting home. And my first meeting of the day was entirely rage-inducing...but I'll survive. I'm determined to not let this kind of situation affect me too much, and there are ways to deal with it - it's just that today was beyond annoying.

Anyway, the rest of the day was slightly better - I had some time to get some work done, and I had lunch with my team (including a woman who is out on maternity leave but brought her totally adorable kid in to see us - he slept through it all and was incredibly cute), and then I had more meetings and more work. I left around 5:30 and ran a couple of errands, and then set up some lamps that I'd bought for my bedroom (they're a little ridiculously glam and I think I love them).

I also took a break to watch some Olympics and eat some leftover soup - but I wasn't all that into snowboarding despite watching it, and while the pairs skating was great, I was a bit distracted. And then I worked from nine p.m. until now, which is three minutes until midnight...so I should go to bed since I have meetings in the morning and would like some sleep beforehand. Goodnight!

No comments: