Sunday, February 11, 2018

when she was just a girl she expected the world

Today was a lovely end to a lovely weekend. I spent last night at Katie's, so I awoke this morning to the dulcet tones of children playing - but because we were good and went to bed relatively early last night, and also because I prioritized water while drinking my cocktails last night, I awoke feeling #inittowinit. I spent the morning hanging out with Katie and James - James made coffee and breakfast, and then we sat around the dining table and talked for several hours while the girls played amongst themselves.

I could have easily hung out all day, but I had lots of stuff I wanted to get done today, so around 1pm I finally left and came back to Boulder. When I got here, I grabbed a burrito bowl at Illegal Pete's (Katie and James were talking about getting that in Denver, and I didn't tack onto that plan because I wanted to get home, but I couldn't resist the temptation). Then I window shopped on Pearl for a few minute before coming home, washing all my bedding, and cleaning my bathroom. That wasn't as much cleaning as I intended to do this weekend, but it was the most critical part, so I'll take it.

Then I called my parents, who were in fine form, and then I settled in for some Olympics coverage. I watched a bit of what I missed yesterday, but quickly switched to tonight's coverage, which was #worthit. I also made a v. delicious supper - I got an Instant Pot awhile ago and never used it, but I broke it out for the first time tonight to make a chicken and wild rice soup. It was really delicious, and really easy - I had to chop up some onions, celery, carrots, and mushrooms, but then I just threw it all in the pot and pressure cooked it. I also threw two chicken breasts in with the soup before cooking it, and the pressure cooking finished the chicken perfectly - when the soup was done, I pulled the chicken out and it shredded at the touch of a fork.

So, that was incredibly delicious, and now I have leftovers for the week. I spent the rest of the evening enjoying the figure skating coverage, which got me excited about skating again - I haven't watched much skating the past few years, but tonight's program was really enjoyable.

And now I need to sleep, since I sadly have to go to zee day job tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: