Saturday, February 10, 2018

you have unleashed an ancient evil

I'm typing on my phone, so please pardon any typos. Today was lovely, all in all...I awoke to snow, and continued to experience snow throughout the day, which is v different from my California life. I spent the morning drinking coffee and journaling, which made for a great start to the day.

Then I drove to Denver, where I was ten minutes late to get my brows waxed... But luckily everyone else had cancelled, so I was still able to get in. I also got my hair cut - she made my bangs shorter than I like, but it was still better than the last hair cut I got in Colorado, so I'll take it.

Then I dropped off some Nordstrom returns before going to Katie's house. She and James got a babysitter for tonight, so we went out big. Our first stop was a bar in the neighborhood that was quite disappointing (my mojito-like drink somehow managed to be disgusting even though I adore mojitos). But we then went to Old Major, which was divine - the spin on the margarita was so good that I had three, and we split a three-pound pork chop that was one of the best pork chops I've ever had. James left after the entree to relieve the babysitter, but Katie and I had one more drink and some delish chocolate mousse while contemplating the mysteries of life (or at least the mysteries of our coworkers).

Then we walked back to the house and hung out, but now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: