Saturday, February 03, 2018

your love was handmade for somebody like me

I had a v. productive day, all in all. I didn't get up in time to write, but I decided that some time lazing in bed was more important than another session with my manuscript, so #noregrets. I got to the office a little after nine, where I slogged until six - but today I had virtually no meetings (I try to keep my Fridays relatively free, so I only had 3.5 hours of scheduled stuff instead of 9, which felt like a miracle). So I got through some stuff I've been meaning to get through, which made me happy.

Then I came home and didn't let myself sit down to relax - instead, I took care of house stuff for a couple of hours, which was v. necessary. I did a couple of loads of laundry, put some things away, and finally put together the nightstands for my guest room (which I bought before Thanksgiving). This meant that I could finally unpack my guest room lamps, and I'm thrilled to report they both survived the move from California unscathed.

I still have some stuff to put away, although not much; I also want to get a couple more pieces of furniture, and I need to decide whether to put my old tv in my bedroom or whether to get rid of it (or whether to hold on to it until I have the chance to transport it back to ye olde Iowa for my room there). But things are almost on the verge of being fully organized. So I spent the rest of the evening looking at furniture online, and also looking at lamps for my bedroom - but I didn't buy anything because I knew I could easily buy waaaay too much while under the influence of greed and wine.

But now I need to sleep - I have plans tomorrow (shocking, I know), so I'll have to get up in approximately eight hours, which means sleep is imperative. Goodnight!

No comments: