Thursday, July 01, 2004

if you don't have adequate soaking facilities in your home, you can use a casserole dish

I don't really feel like writing because I do not know what to say, because I do not like to share most things serious or personal (especially without being at least partially veiled or passive-aggressive), but I haven't written for several weeks, and it has left a lot of people out of the loop.

Haha, let me just break to say that I'm watching David Letterman, and he's got two lumberjacks competing in the First Annual Lateshow Lumberjack Classic--and the winner gets a Lumberjack Slam breakfast from Dennys. Yay. Dennys.

Anyway, I'll just get to the point. My mother's mother passed away last Saturday, and so I moved stuff from my old apartment to my new apartment for twelve hours straight, and then got on a plane at midnight and came back to Iowa. I'm still here, and will be until Sunday afternoon. I'm fine, and my family is doing well, and we've accomplished a lot and it's nice to be home. I'm also coming home for a week in August, which will be quite lovely. But, it will also be great to get settled into my new apartment, and unpack my stuff, and hang out with Walter and all the other people who are around this summer, and see movies and watch the Olympics and do other fun things. It's nice to be home, even under these circumstances.

Well, this was disjointed, and does not bode well for my attempts at writing, but I'm tired and am only doing this because I feel obliged to get back on the blogging bandwagon (even if it's currently a bandwagon of one, since my friends have basically stopped writing). The first post after a hiatus is the hardest. Perhaps now I will be back in business.

No comments: