Monday, February 14, 2005

too many consequences for my actions!

Wow, what a weekend. I know that actions have consequences, but I hate when they happen to me. Saturday, I had dim sum w/Claudia, Tammy and Shedletsky, and it was my turn to play the game. And what did I get? I got ginger, egg, and pigs' feet in black vinegar, which was big enough to serve four people, and just happened to be the first feet dish of the game. There's some debate over whether or not it was a two-point dish, but I think that the 'feet' points go for chicken feet, so I'm only taking a point. It was pretty freaking gross...they let me get away without eating the huge pieces of ginger root, since that seemed like an abominable idea, and luckily I only had to eat one of the whole boiled eggs in the mixture since the rest of the group tried the other one. But there were several feet, and the only thing you can eat off of it is this rind of pure fat, so that was gross. And the egg was super-dry, and very difficult to swallow. To top it off, the black vinegar sauce was sickly sweet and nasty. The most ironic thing of all is that the waitress who served the feet had the nametag 'Fun', which just seemed so unfair.

We're pretty sure that they know that we're playing now, since we've gotten burned several times recently on stuff that we had absolutely no good reason to eat. In fact, one person came by and offered us something else disgusting, even though our plates had already been cleared away and we were paying the bill. And she laughed at us. Openly. We decided it would be awesome if the staff is now also playing a game with us, and trying to win by being the person who brings us the grossest stuff at just the right time. We didn't see the cart of happiness all day (it bypassed me right before the pigs' feet showed up), so I think they're messing with us.

Anyway, since they know we're playing, we're gonna start taking a camera so that we can document our wins and losses. When that happens, I'll either post to this blog or start a new one for the game.

Here's the most recent score update:

Tammy: 2.5 points after two rounds (bbq pork bun, deep fried shrimp w/mayonnaise, half of the tripe)
Shedletsky: -1 point after two rounds (shrimp/pork dumpling, refused to try tongue, refused to eat tripe)
Sara: 2.5 points after two rounds (pan fried crap noodle, pigs' feet, half of the tripe)
Claudia: 2 points after one round (marinated duck tongues)

I basically had to eat the feet, because I would have lost a point if I didn't, putting me at .5, and I was sure Tammy could eat it and pick up the point and an insurmountable lead. Ugh.

So later, I bought sheets for my bed, which was great. But then, I went out clubbing, which was a bad idea because I didn't want to go and so solved that dilemma by getting so drunk that I didn't care where I was. This resulted in a nasty hangover today (word of advice, do not drink a shot called the 'Three Wisemen'...it's a combination of Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, and Jose Cuervo, and it's enough to destroy your weekend). Also, my good friend Vidya and I had a collision in which her head hit my face, and at the time I thought she'd broken my nose, but it wasn't bleeding and I decided I was overreacting. However, in the haze of post-binging pain that I felt this afternoon, I slowly discerned that the alcohol-head-pain was different from the throbbing-nose-pain...and my nose is swollen and slightly misshapen, and has hurt all day despite frequent icing. Of course, my nose may have always been misshapen, but I don't know and now I'm sad.

But, the evening was good--I was feeling the need for some serious steak, so I had Tammy and Shedletsky over for dinner (steak on the George Foreman grill, and frozen fries cooked in the oven...mmm), and Terry and I had fun watching some of the Grammys w/them. I took Shed back to campus, Claudia came back from a visit home, and Tammy, Terry, Claude and I watched 'Napoleon Dynamite'. It was great...but Tammy's copy has been watched so much that it has turned into a decroded piece of crap, and she talked up the ending wedding sequence that was added after Claude and I saw the movie in the theatre--but then the DVD was ruined in that spot and we couldn't watch it. Sadness!

So my weekend was both awesome and terrible--I can either take away the great dim sum, the new sheets, the fun I had with the cute new top I wore clubbing (although Vidya pulled it down at one point and exposed my left breast, but that's not the top's fault, and I don't think anyone saw), and the steak and Napoleon Dynamite, or I can take away the pigs' feet, the three wisemen, the vomit, the massive hangover, the almost-broken nose, and the missing scenes from the movie. I shall deliberate over this decision in my dreams, I'm sure.

No comments: