Thursday, September 28, 2017

in the end it doesn't even matter

I had dinner with Katie tonight and it was AWFUL. j/k, it was lovely, but she was snarky about how I say everything is lovely, so screw her.

Today was good, all in all - I had a million meetings, left at 2:45 so I could drive to Denver, then took another couple of meetings from Black Eye. Then I met Katie for happy hour and dinner at Senor Bear - the margaritas were great, my carnitas were delish (although they were made with veal, which was bizarre), and the company was so-so (although the waiter was great).

But in all seriousness, it is great to be close enough to Katie to have dinner on a whim and still sleep in my own bed. After dinner, I went to her house and said hi to the girls (Julia didn't growl at me until after she'd been excited to see me, and Anne did my hair for me, which went about as well as it sounds). Then I drove home, packed, answered email, etc...and now I desperately need sleep.

And finally, happy birthday to my sister! Goodnight!

No comments: